So I used the recipe from the The Baking book by Jane Bull, and I made butter icing to go on top and they actually turned out quite pleasing – for the first time.
Vanilla Cupcakes + Pink Butter Icing and Hundreds and Thousands
This recipe is from The Baking Book by Jane Bull. Read the book to follow the full recipe, this is just what I used.
- 125 grams of caster sugar
- 125 grams of softened butter
- 125 grams of self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/Gas mark 4
- Put all of the ingredients into the bowl and whisk together until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Pop the paper cases into the tin and carefully spoon the mixture into each one.
- Bake the cakes for 20 minutes.
This recipe is from BBC Food recipes website. Visit the website to follow the full recipe.
- 140g/5oz butter, softened
- 280g/10oz icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Few drops food colouring of your choice (I used red)